Established in 1978, the County Road Association Self Insurance Fund, CRASIF, is a group of 69 county road commissions who have joined together to provide workers compensation insurance for over 3,500 employees.
The CRASIF Advantage
Our mission is to reduce the potential for employee injury and to provide a comprehensive disability management program for employees eligible for workers' compensation.
CRASIF Core Values
latest news from crasif:
CRASIF is on the Move!
- December 11, 2019
Our office has moved to a new location in downtown Lansing! The move gives us more space and close proximity to the CRA’s future office in the legislative corridor. Our new address is: 101 S. Washington Square Street, Suite 720, Lansing MI 48933. An open house is planned for March.
Ottawa County Road Commission Joins CRASIF
- December 5, 2019
Ottawa County Road Commission becomes the newest member of the CRASIF family. They officially became a member on December 1, 2019. Welcome Ottawa!!
3rd Quarter Invoices Now Available
- December 5, 2019
The 3rd quarter invoices are now available in the member’s folder. They are due December 10th.
Highlights from the 2019 Annual Membership Business Meeting on September 11 in Battle Creek
- September 23, 2019
- Trustees Sholander, Hunt and Smigelski were re-elected to the Board of Trustees.
- Ionia won a $1,000 risk control grant, Mackinac won a $750 risk control grant and Allegan own a $500 risk control grant.
- Crawford won the 2019 Turn Around Award for making the largest positive change in their experience modification factor.
- Bay, Chippewa and Crawford road commissions were recognized for the lowest experience mod in their respective payroll categories.
- In the last 12 months, we had 27 members allow 67 injured employees to return to work in a modified capacity that saved approximately $155,747 in lost time wages.
- Isabella, Oceana, Gladwin and Schoolcraft were recognized for having no workers’ compensation payments for the last 12 months.
- We recognized 43 members who made the Honor Roll.
Thank you everyone who attended and made it a great success!