Established in 1978, the County Road Association Self Insurance Fund, CRASIF, is a group of 69 county road commissions who have joined together to provide workers compensation insurance for over 3,500 employees.
The CRASIF Advantage
Our mission is to reduce the potential for employee injury and to provide a comprehensive disability management program for employees eligible for workers' compensation.
CRASIF Core Values
latest news from crasif:
Highlights from the 2019 Annual Membership Business Meeting on September 11 in Battle Creek
- September 23, 2019
- Trustees Sholander, Hunt and Smigelski were re-elected to the Board of Trustees.
- Ionia won a $1,000 risk control grant, Mackinac won a $750 risk control grant and Allegan own a $500 risk control grant.
- Crawford won the 2019 Turn Around Award for making the largest positive change in their experience modification factor.
- Bay, Chippewa and Crawford road commissions were recognized for the lowest experience mod in their respective payroll categories.
- In the last 12 months, we had 27 members allow 67 injured employees to return to work in a modified capacity that saved approximately $155,747 in lost time wages.
- Isabella, Oceana, Gladwin and Schoolcraft were recognized for having no workers’ compensation payments for the last 12 months.
- We recognized 43 members who made the Honor Roll.
Thank you everyone who attended and made it a great success!
Board of Trustees Elect Officers for 2019-20
- September 23, 2019
The Board of Trustees re-elected Mary Sholander from Marquette as Chair and Tom Doty from Mackinac as Vice-Chair at the September Board Organizational meeting on September 11. Congratulations to Mary and Tom!
- September 4, 2019
Calling all safety coordinators! CRASIF is offering the first Safety Summit for just safety coordinators in our member road commissions. Conveniently scheduled the morning prior to the starting of the Superintendents Seminar, it will be on October 2 from 8 am to 12 noon at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth MI. Registration is necessary and the cost is included as part of your membership in CRASIF. Register on-line at https://info.micountyroads.org/events/details/2019-crasif-safety-summit-234.
2019-20 2nd Quarter Premium Deposit Invoices Now Available!
- August 14, 2019
Members can find their 2nd quarter premium deposit invoices in their Premium Invoices folder accessed through the member portal. Please send the payment to the lock-box by September 10, 2019.